Presentations & Speaking
Sharing what I learn is very important to me. Here you will find links and resources from all my presentations. I am available for speaking engagements on any of the topics below:
- Student-led 20% Genius Hour Edcamps Time.
- There are a lot of buzzwords out there about giving kids more choice and voice in their education. This presentation demystifies those phrases and helps leaders put into place a game plan for meeting the needs of each student in their building.
- Trauma-informed practices for schools
- In this presentation, I speak to the need for trauma-informed practices for edcuators. I teach educators how to ask questions first, and how to have frank conversations without feeling uncomfortable.
- Using Personality Styles for Effective Communication
- At the root of all problems in schools, we usually find communication (or lack thereof) as a major culprit. In this presentation, I walk leaders and teachers through how to use personality styles to manage staff and students so that the communication is effective and the school can thrive.
- Effective School-Community Communication
- How much should we communicate with our community? How do we help teachers communicate effectively? What is the best way for our staff to invite community members into our school?
- Keeping Kids Safe on Social Media (one geared towards parents and one geared towards educators)
- In this presentation, I speak to the need for staying safe and how parents and educators can support children to make good choices, how to deal with failure, and how to stand up for others.
CUES 2014 - A new paperless principal presentation focusing on the three stories that helped people by being paperless.
UCET 2014 - 60 Tools in 60 Minutes This presentation focused on giving busy administrators the tools they need to get the job done.
TEDxCSDTeachers - Simple Solutions to Complex Educational Problems This TEDx talk show how we increased attendance to 95% with one simple trick.
UCET 2013 - My first Paperless Principal presentation.
Goals and Scales 2014 - District Inservice presentation with Damon Hargraves.
Partner with Me
If you would like to partner with me, or invite me to present at a training or conference, fill out the form below and I will get back to you. I help many districts and schools find simple solutions to their complex problems.