Jordan Collier, the principal of Central Arkansas Secondary School is an amazing principal. We barely scratch the surface of what he is doing in this first part of the interview!
- Jordan shares how powerful this podcast has been for him, especially the interview with Sam LeDeaux
- How it is different at a religious school compared to a public school.
- Discipline issues at a private christian school.
- Using Bible study time to work on issues with students.
- Telling the story of @CACMustangs. How the students get in on telling the story.
Mustang Missions. - Helping kids serve others, love them, and be there for others.
- Jordan focuses on helping teachers when doing observations.
- Attempting to alleviate fears of observations by building relationships.
- How to facilitate a role-play to help teachers see what it is like to do an observation.
- How a two-minute conversation can change a teacher's practice.
- The importance of set meeting times with teachers to talk about what they are doing.
- The schedule process.
- The greatest compliment in the world, "You're never in your office."
- Trying to get kids to think you are following them because you are in their classes so often.
- You have arrived when you are being invited to teachers' classrooms.
Had a blast in 8th grade SCI lab. Kids and I learned about bias w/ Fruit Loops, Fruit Spins & Tootie Fruities. pic.twitter.com/ItUEHEhmKU— Jordan Collier (@JCollierAR) September 2, 2014
- How to have the positive conversation and still focus on improvement.
- Dealing with uncomfortable situations.
- Freaky Friday folder.
- Staff Culture Check!
- Leverage Leadership
- Looking for consistency for staff culture check.
- Friday newsletter.
- What you can do to be a transformative principal like Jordan: Be obnoxiously positive about your school.