Today, I have the pleasure of introducing you to Alice Peck, one of the best principals I have ever worked with. You'll love to get to know her in this episode.
- How she came to be where she is at.
- What she noticed coming from Texas to Utah.
- What she really enjoys about how things have changed since she came to her current position.
- How she got her staff on board right from the beginning with PBIS.
- The art program at Oakdale.
- The process of starting PBIS at her school. Practical advice of how to get things going.
- How important it is to have the whole staff involved in school-wide initiatives (speaking of PBIS specifically).
- Why an actual form for Office Discipline Referral form is important.
Where to go when processes are established and ready to maintain. My second part interview with the great Alice Peck. In this episode we focus on her new assignment as a principal of a Title I school in our district.
What is Alice going to take with her to her new Title I school?
- What is Alice anxious about in going to her new school?
- Why Alice is excited about change.
- "If you're not nervous, you probably shouldn't be doing this!"
- How Alice is going to overcome her fears.
- "The greatest way to overcome fear is to face it and address it!"
- How Alice will deal with building trust as fast as she can. Hint: you can't speed up trust.
- The importance of visibility as a school leader.
- Modeling the kind of work ethic she wants her staff to have.
- What advice does Alice have to be a transformative principal? Surround yourself with smart people.
- What helps Alice focus on what is most important? (I forgot to take a picture before I left her office! I'll see if you can send me one.)